Shipping policy

Shipping via UPS

During the hot months in South Carolina, I ship late on Mondays via UPS 2 Day, with insulated packing and ice packs. For a few bars, this generally gets the chocolate to you while it's still cold, as long as you're there for the delivery. I send you the UPS tracking number so you can stay on top of it and grab it as soon as it arrives. Even with Fragile and Protect from Heat labels on the box, most delivery drivers don't pay much attention to where the boxes sit on the truck, and that's out of my hands.

No Guarantees

I can't guarantee the chocolate will arrive un-melted or in perfect temper. I do everything I can on my end to keep it cool before it ships, but once it's in UPS's hands, I have no control over heat exposure, delays, or how it's handled in transit.

If it arrives a little out of temper (you'll see swirls of white on it), no worries, it's not bad. That's just the cocoa butter freeing up a bit. It's still good to eat.

Because of this, all sales are final once a package ships. I'm not able to offer refunds or replacements for melting or bloom caused by shipping conditions, weather, or delivery delays once it leaves my hands.

If you have a large order and want extra protection, I'm happy to add more ice packs for an additional shipping fee. Just ask before you order and I'll get you a quote.

Hand Delivery

If you're in the Charleston area, you can meet me at a delivery pop-up, or depending on how far you are from me (I'm in the West Ashley area), I can meet you for a delivery, maybe even a little chocolate tasting at High Falutin, my favorite local coffee shop. Adam's a fantastic roaster.

Creative Solutions

I'm open to other delivery arrangements, as long as the chocolate is purchased and delivered within the state of South Carolina. I'm not legally able to sell or ship across state lines, since my chocolate is made under South Carolina's cottage food laws.

Heat Waves

During a serious heat wave, I may hold off on shipping for a few days until temps cool down a bit, or push your order to the next Monday. It's not worth risking a box sitting on a hot truck for two days when I can just wait for better shipping weather. If this affects your order, I'll reach out and let you know what's going on.